500 Internal Server Error
A 500 error means that something on the server is throwing an error. This could be a conflict with another plugin or something else. We need to examine the log file from the server to find out more.
Could you perform the following steps please:
1. Log into your FTP site and edit wp-config.php
2. Set the following values (add the lines if they don’t exist):
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true ); define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false ); @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
3. Return to the site and trigger the error again.
4. Now go back to FTP and send me the file /wp-content/debug.log
5. Return to wp-config.php and set DEBUG back to false (reverting the changes made in Step 2)
If you aren’t comfortable with performing the steps above, contact your website host and they should be able to assist you in locating this log file.